Returning an item you purchased:
You are our number one priority. We have been serving our customers for more than 100 years, so if you are in anyway unhappy with your purchase please contact us. Except where your product is faulty, you must return your item(s) to us within 14 days of purchase.
You can amend an order provided we receive notice of your wish to amend before it is dispatched.
Our customer care representatives are here to help from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. If you’d like to speak to them directly, please call: 1890 321 321 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo help us assist you quickly, please quote your order reference number from your order confirmation.
It’s ok to change your mind!
When you purchase online or by phone you have a statutory right to return unopened goods (other than perishable or customised) up to 14 days after receiving your order: this is the “cooling off period”. (European Directive on Distance Selling) We can change or cancel an order up until it is dispatched. If the order has been dispatched, you can return the unopened goods to us and we will organise a refund (excluding delivery cost). Refunds are processed within 7 days of receipt and to your original payment method
Temperature controlled products, like animal vaccines, are exempt and cannot be returned due to change of mind. These products are clearly marked as temperature controlled on their product page. This does not affect your statutory rights
In the unlikely event that your item is faulty, please contact us within 30 days at email@example.com so that we can arrange the return for you
Damaged, Faulty or Incorrect Items
What happens if I received the wrong items in my order?
In the unlikely event you received the wrong item in your order, please contact us straight away at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1890-321 321
If we’ve sent you something other than what you originally ordered we will send you out the correct item, or issue a refund if it is out of stock, and collect the incorrect item at our expense
What happens if the item is faulty?
In the unlikely event that a product is faulty, you are entitled to a full refund or replacement. If you think that we have sent you a faulty product please contact us straight away at email@example.com or call us on 1890-321 321
Any breakages or damages must be reported to us within 2 days of delivery
Determination as to whether a product is faulty or not will be at the sole discretion of Glanbia Agribusiness. We may ask you to send us some photos of the item and/or return it to us for inspection. Where a product is determined to be faulty we will refund your original delivery charges and you will not be charged for any extra postage costs incurred
How do I return my order?
To return goods to us contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1890 321 321 for a returns authorisation. A printed copy of the ‘Online Returns Form’ is also included inside your package
For standard deliveries the easiest and cheapest way to return your goods is by using An Post’s online service Return My Shopping. You can print a label online and An Post will collect your parcel at a time that suits you. If the reason for return is our fault, we will reimburse the cost of returning the goods to us
For non-standard deliveries (Bulky goods and Haz Chem) we can arrange a collection on your behalf for a charge. To do so, please call 1890 321 321. If the reason for return is our fault, we will reimburse the cost of returning the goods to us
If you return goods using another method, we recommend using an insured and traceable carrier because until the package is received by us, it remains your responsibility. If the reason for return is our fault, we will reimburse any reasonable cost of returning the goods to us
Please make sure goods are securely packaged to avoid damage in transit and make sure to include your order reference number, email address and contact number with your return. You can return your order to the address below:
Countrylife Online Store,
Unless faulty, all items returned must be in their original condition and packaging, with all labels intact. Items which contain a security seal can only be returned if the security seal has not been tampered with
There is free disposal of unused/damaged/out of date animal remedy product purchased through this website
If medicines have been opened then they are classified as hazardous waste and must be treated accordingly. In this case please contact us on email@example.com or phone 1890 321 321 and we will assist you
Can I return my order to a Glanbia Agribusiness or CountryLife store?
- No, online orders cannot be returned to Glanbia branches
Who pays for the return?
- You will need to pay the return postage costs, unless the item is faulty
- We recommend using an insured and traceable carrier because until the package is received by us, it remains your responsibility
When will I receive my refund?
- Returns are usually processed on the day they are received to our warehouse but please allow up to 7 days for refunds to show up on your account.
- We will confirm your refund by email
- For credit card and debit card payments, the refund will be made on the card used to make the purchase. Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to show up on your account, this depends on how long your bank or card issuer takes to process the refund and is outside of our control
Can I exchange my item?
- Unfortunately we do not offer an exchange service for online purchases, please follow the normal returns process and place a new order for the alternative product
Is there anything else I need to know?
- There are certain products that we sell that may have a different returns policy. If this is the case then you will be informed about it in the product description on the website
- Some items cannot be returned (unless faulty) if they are perishable, or for health and safety or hygiene reasons. This includes food stuffs, animal feeds, animal health products, veterinary medicines and safety equipment
- Gift vouchers are treated just like cash and so are exempt from our returns policy
- Your statutory rights are not affected
- If you wish to return an item bought as part of a multi-buy promotion (e.g. 3 for 2, Buy One Get One Free, Buy One Get One Half Price etc.), all items purchased as part of that promotion must be returned
- This policy may be subject to change at any time
Return of Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- In accordance with WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) regulations, Glanbia Agribusiness offer facilities for customers to return WEEE items such as batteries, tractor batteries, bulbs etc. for recycling. Full details are available in store
Right to cancel (your right to cancel your contract with us)
- Under Irish law you have the right to cancel your contract with us and return the goods to us, even if they are not faulty, as long as your purchase fulfils the criteria below
- This cancellation policy only applies to goods bought online at countrylife.ie or by any other distance selling method. Please contact us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1890-321 321
- This cancellation right is in accordance with The European Directive on Distance Selling (Directive 97/7/EC) and the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013. A full refund of the value of the goods will be made upon our receipt of the returned goods.
- Should you wish to cancel your purchase, subject to the terms laid out below, you have the right to do so, without giving any reason, before and up to 14 calendar days after you received your order. This is provided that the item(s) are in ‘as sold’ condition, and in their original packaging. You must then send back the goods without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the purchase
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your purchase by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You can email email@example.com or contact our customer services team by telephone on 1890 321 321 or by post to, Countrylife Online Store, Glanbia Agribusiness, Marshmeadows, New Ross, Co. Wexford indicating your wish to return the product
- This cancellation right does not apply in the case of: o Personalised or bespoke Products
- We will issue you a full refund of the purchase price (and of our standard delivery charge in sending you the goods) on receipt of the returned goods, with original packaging. If you have diminished the value of the goods by handling or testing beyond what is necessary to check its nature, characteristics and functioning, we reserve the right not to refund you the entire amount. If you exercise the right to return in accordance with the above, you will be responsible for the direct cost of returning the goods to us.
o Products that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
o Sealed products not suitable for return for health protection and hygiene reasons which have been unsealed and
o Products which are inseparably mixed with other items after their delivery
Exceptions to our Returns Policy
The following products are exempt from our returns policy. This does not affect your statutory rights:
- Temperature controlled products i.e. vaccines may not be returned, unless they are faulty
- For all returns of animal medicines customers are advised to first contact our Customer Care team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1890 321 321 for assistance
- If medicines have been opened then they are classified as hazardous waste and must be treated accordingly. In this case customers should contact email@example.com or phone 1890 321 321 for assistance.