- Bare Root supplied in 60-80cm lengths
- Qualifies for the GLAS Scheme
- Native, fast growing, hard species
- Suitable for planting in light, well-drained, acidic soil
- Can grow between 12-20 metres tall
Birch trees are a pioneer species, which are native, fast growing and hardy. They generally grow between 12-20 metres tall. They feature simple leaves that are alternate, serrated and feather-veined. They are suited to light, well-drained, particularly acidic soils. Birch trees must be kept under control, as they will smother a slower growing tree species. Birch trees qualify for the GLAS Scheme. Under the GLAS Scheme up to 450 native trees can be planted and will qualify for a payment of €0.90 per plant per year for 5 years.
|WEIGHT :||1.000 KG|